Family Wellness Worker Contract Position
Kneehill Regional Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) requires one full time contract Family Wellness Worker to cover a leave for 12 months starting February 21, 2023 with the possibility of extension. This position will support children, youth and families in the communities and schools of Trochu, Acme and Linden and works a variety of hours, which could include evening or weekends for events or meetings.
• Social/emotional support of children, youth and their families
• Assessment and referral for individuals/families
• Working collaboratively with schools, families and other agencies
• Preventive education to support children and youth in groups, classrooms and community utilizing evidence-based programs
• Working as part of a team
Qualifications and Experience:
• University Degree in the Human Services field (Social Sciences or Social Work) would be an asset
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
• Highly effective organizational and time management skills
• Self-starter who takes initiative and works well independently while contributing positively to the team
• Experience working with children, youth and families
• Applicants must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
Family Wellness Worker- Job Description
Social and Emotional Support
The FWW will assess and prioritize services to the individuals and their families by:
Assessing any social/emotional difficulties the individual/family may be encountering.
Consulting with the individual/family to discuss challenges/difficulties and to assist in seeking solutions.
One to one support to individuals/families who are experiencing difficulties at home or school.
Consulting with other agencies when needed.
2. Social and Emotional Education
Identify potential areas of interest or concern to the community/school regarding social issues.
Coordinating and/or facilitating preventive social education programs at the school/community level.
Providing information to individuals/families regarding other agencies that provide preventive education programs.
Referring individuals/families to appropriate community agencies as required.
Working as a team with other community agencies to improve individuals/family situations.
Establishing a resource list of community agencies for personal use and to provide to individuals/families as required.
Create and maintain connections with community agencies and providing a link between school and community agencies.
4. Evaluation Procedures
Keeping monthly statistics of activities.
Completing and submitting standard monthly reports to the supervisor.
Providing objectives and initiatives to the supervisor which will be monitored via monthly reports. Annual review of goals and objectives to aid in determining worker priorities.
Compile an annual report, which will be distributed to the funding bodies and connected human services agencies.
5. All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience working with children, youth, and families one to one regarding social and emotional challenges
Criminal record and Children’s Services Intervention checks
Applicants must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
Ability to work outside of regular business hours of Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30
This position will report to the Kneehill Regional FCSS Director
$51,500.00 - $59,250.00 depending on education and experience
Full time yearly contract position – 37.5 hours/week; 1950 annual
Three weeks vacation time
75 hours of sick time per contract year
After six-month probationary period, group health benefits
Applicants should direct their resume with cover letter highlighting how their skills and qualifications meet our requirements to:
Kneehill Regional FCSS Hiring Committee
779 – 2 St. N.E.
Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
Deadline: January 13, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and advise that only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.